It was lots of fun developing again with Django and Python...
A new version of STARLIMS Web Utilities (1.2.1) is available for download here.
- fixed issue with UNICODE characters when importing form resources (RCRISTEA)
A new version of STARLIMS Web Utilities (1.2.0) is available for download here.
- export can filter by user, comments
- fixed issue with export from ORACLE (removed use of ODBC extensions) (GBALINT)
- UI tweaks
- fixed issue when exporting items imported from sdp that didn't had source control history (OMURESAN)
A new version of STARLIMS Web Utilities (1.1) is available for download here.
New functionality was added to allow exporting and importing of STARLIMS forms, server scripts and data sources.
To configure the system, after you install, you must go to the website to the /admin URL. The default username and password are "SYSADM" and "LIMS", without the quotes.
I will update this post, hopefully soon, to include more details about the new functionality and how to set it up.
From CBS' 60 Minutes:
People who are completely paralyzed due to illness or trauma are getting help communicating with a new technology that connects their brains to a computer.
I recommend this very interesting read from Paul Graham regarding non-mainstream programming languages.
It's a lot of work to learn a new programming language. And people don't learn Python because it will get them a job; they learn it because they genuinely like to program and aren't satisfied with the languages they already know.
Which makes them exactly the kind of programmers companies should want to hire. Hence what, for lack of a better name, I'll call the Python paradox: if a company chooses to write its software in a comparatively esoteric language, they'll ...
STARLIMS Web Utilities is a web application that automates some of the daily tasks a STARLIMS developer is faced with.
- Builder app - creates STARLIMS applications based on pre-defined templates
STARLIMS Utilities is a set of tools designed to increase the productivity of STARLIMS developers.
- STARLIMS Import Conflicts Viewer - shows the differences between items in a STARLIMS package and the ones in a STARLISM dictionary (items compare status, item differences); it's meant to be used before importing a package into a dictionary. It allows the developers to take decisions on which items to import and which to manually merge
- STARLIMS Dictionary Differences Viewer - shows the differences between items in 2 STARLIMS dictionaries; it's meant to be used when synchronizing dictionaries to identify what needs to be updated ...
- Auto completion for in-line SQL statements - column names in SELECT clauses (Screenshot)
- Auto completion for in-line SQL statements - table names in FROM clauses (Screenshot)
- Auto completion for in-line SQL statements - column names in WHERE clauses (Screenshot)
- Auto completion for user-defined function names (Screenshot)
- Auto completion for local variables and parameters (Screenshot)
- Auto completion for STARLIMS keywords (Screenshot)
- Auto completion for STARLIMS functions (Screenshot)
- Syntax highlighting
- Smart indenting
After you download the zip archive you ...